Heidi is an Advanced Practice Reporting Radiographer, reporting plain radiograph referrals from A&E, GPs, rheumatology, outpatients and inpatients. She is based at the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, and the Norwich Radiology Academy, UK, previously at Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK. She is the author of all of the radiological information on this website.
David is a Consultant Anaesthetist, also at the Norfolk & Norwich, who has an interest in computer programming and website creation. This website was designed by David, who runs Medical Web Systems as a sole trader. Other projects have included the website for the Vascular Anaesthesia Society of Great Britain and Ireland (VASGBI), and for some non-medical sites. He has also created numerous other programs, including a multi award-winning program for booking patients onto emergency theatre lists.
Read about us on Page 2 of the April 2008 edition of "The Pulse"
(in-house magazine for the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust)
You need to have "cookies" enabled by your browser in order to log in and/or use the self-test section of this website. Cookies are tiny pieces of random text that enable information to be remembered when you pass from one page of a website to another. They are usually turned on already, but some people deactivate them in the belief that it is safer.
The cookies used by this website are called "session cookies" or "temporary cookies". They are deleted from your computer as soon as you close your internet browser. They do not "store" any identifiable information about you. A typical cookie might look like this: "30c1efd8cc429ff33f131ac5dde7daf3".
If you have enabled cookies but it still doesn't work, then it is possible you are using a work computer and your employer has blocked cookies. Please contact your IT department and ask them to allow session cookies for this site.
If you are still having problems, please contact us, and we will endeavour to help wherever we can!
If you find that clicking on thumbnail images takes you to the "MagicToolbox" webpage, try clicking in the lower half of the image. Clicking when the pointer looks like a magnifying class will enlarge the image, whilst a finger pointer will take you to the MagicToolbox site. We are very grateful to MagicToolbox for providing the magnifying software to us for free.
|Total number issued:||70,037|
Images from this website have been used in the following books and courses:
1) Advanced Assessment and Treatment of Trauma, ed M D Panté and A N Pollak (2010, pub. Jones & Bartlett)
2) Essentials of Emergency Medicine 2nd ed., auth R V Aghababian (2011, pub Jones & Bartlett)
3) Pediatric Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, auth/ed Dr John Sarwark and Dr Cynthia LaBella. (Spring 2010)
4) Professional Paramedic Series, Volume III: Trauma Care and EMS Operations, auth R Beebe and J Myers (Oct 2010)
5) Forensic Science Programme (A&E's International Affiliate) A Algus
6) PhD Thesis (Sara Flood, Australia)
7) Local emergency department guidelines (Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, and Lancaster Royal Infirmary)